the quarantine chef, tastes to comfort
All recipes will be carefully considered for inclusion in the book.
But please realize that we may not be able to include every recipe submitted.
Often a recipe is inspired by a favorite chef or cookbook—please let us know this simply by adding, “Inspired by…”
For recipe submissions, please provide:
1. Recipe name, your name and state in which you live.
2. Inspired by _______ (if this recipe is inspired by a favorite chef’s cookbook. Please remember that recipes from favorite chefs or cookbooks must be altered by at least 3 ingredients or steps in the cooking) or is it your original recipe.
3. Do you have a special story or anecdote about this recipe: great-grandmother’s “secret” brisket, a family favorite comfort food, a treat for a special occasion…. Or a story about how the meal was experienced during this Stay At Home Time — a Zoom Seder, Easter or birthday celebration?
4. Ingredient list with measured quantities (for US)
5. Detailed steps to make the recipe from start to finish
7.Hands-on time/Cook time (is the recipe an all day event, a 3 hour event, or a quick meal?)
8.Are there any suggested substitutions? For example, can you use sour cream for yogurt?
9. Do you have any suggestions for what to do with leftovers? For example, do you make croutons out of the stale bread for your soups or salads?
*Please note - recipes from favorite chefs or cookbooks must be altered at least 3 ingredients or steps in the cooking to be republished.
Please submit recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions need to be typed in a Word document or in the body of an email. Please include your email address for correspondence.
All submissions must be received by May 25th, 2020. to be considered for inclusion in the book.
All recipes will be carefully considered, but please realize that we may not be able to include every recipe submitted.
All contributors will be notified by June 30th, 2020.
To pre-order your copy of The Quarantine Chef: Tastes to Comfort please click here.
We are aiming to have the cookbook published before the end of the summer with the goal of selling it over many months. The cookbook will be sold as a charitable endeavour to support families in need during this challenging time of COVID-19. The wink team has chosen to rally behind the critical issues of hunger and food insecurity as these realities continue to grow for so many nationwide. After cost, all proceeds of the cookbook will be donated to Feeding America, feedingamerica.org, the nation's largest network of local food banks. The cookbook will be available on our website and in selected retail shops.